Saturday, December 28, 2013

Starting engines

Before start, we had to build the engines... But was very interesting to start an App from the very beginning. Yes, this is a StartUp !!!

Everything starts with a need. In this case, the need for a tool to send my tweets automatically. Of course, there are many of them. But there was a feature they didn't have for free: Drip tweets as a loop. 

I don't want to mention names here, although there are some apps where you can program tweets and you can specify when to tweet, but not as a loop. There are a few that seems to do it, I've tried but without the result I was looking for. In fact there was one app that did it, but the programmer shut down the app, I think because he didn't find economical income.

Most people should ask: Then why are you doing this for free? Well, I don't want to charge for this, I want to be a free service, but I can ask for donations. In this way many people can use it for free, and other can consider to donate some for maintenance and developing of new features.

Thats it. I have focused in only one feature I need, and I want to my app to be the best app in this specific feature. Of course, if this app works fine, I can develop new features, for example add a link shortener.

I hope you like it. I'm open to receive criticism, bug reports, feature request, etc.

Visit www.dropial.com

Best regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment